Welcome! Fran O’Hara is MD and Creative Director of the Scarlet Design Group
Fran is a communications specialist, with a 20 year+ international career which includes working for Disney in Hong Kong and LA, being a University Lecturer, and working extensively as a design, facilitation and training consultant across a range of sectors. Fran’s primary focus is on creating ‘new tools for the new workplace’, using design, visual-led facilitation and business strategy to bring clarity and increase engagement – and having fun in the process…
Introducing our festive ’12 Days of Business Christmas’ hand-drawn animation which shows the new video style we have designed and developed… Co-produced with Simon Regan from Videowales, with script and scribing by Fran.
Over the last 12 months we’ve worked with a huge range of clients creating visual minutes and maps, and using visual facilitation strategically across business scenarios, conferences, meetings and projects. Translating the hand-drawn style to a video was the natural next step, Simon created a process which really takes it to the next level. One of our highlights was the Unilever Gender Balance video for their top management meeting.
“Thank you for your commitment to the project, for addressing changes in a short turnaround time and working tirelessly to deliver a quality product. The session was well received and the video helped land key messages on Diversity and Inclusion with a level of engagement we wouldn’t have achieved if we only used slides. I’m sure we will also be able to use the material again to further embed these messages in the Unilever community.”
Doug Baillie, Chief HR Officer, Unilever
We can’t share this but are currently working on a graduate recruitment video for Unilever Hindustan, and other hand-drawn videos.
We have also recently completed hand-drawn videos in a business style, as information videos – this style is particularly appropriate for presenting existing messages in a fresh positive format.
Fran led 2 training courses with NHS teams in April, providing their facilitators with new visual ‘tools for their toolkits’. Working with experienced facilitators to adapte & translate methods to create custom templates & flipcharts designs.
Our primary aim is for participants to gain confidence, new skills and develop their own PERSONAL visual facilitation style. Everyone has their own strengths and experience, which our course builds on. We provide materials to experiment with, and work through a series of proven exercises to participants practice in a comfortable environment and master new skills in a short time.
We offer discounts for multiple people from the same company, SME and the public sector/charities. Please EMAIL US to book a place. Please contact us to discuss 1-1, bespoke and in-house training courses and e-coaching. Read more about our visual facilitation courses HERE.
- @womenspire @DisabilityWales Looking forward to creating #visualminutes at this event - great to support women in Wales • 12 hours ago
- RT @womenspire: The excellent @DisabilityWales will be speaking at our event "What Would Mrs Pankhurst Do?" grab your tickets here http://t… • 12 hours ago
- Preparing for weekend working in Amsterdam at the Business Bootcamp, 1400 people co-led by the inspiring @Vered60. Creating #visualminutes • 15 hours ago
- @kate_hammer thanks - really interested... we create hand-drawn videos to communicate messages, they add another interactive layer • 1 day ago
- RT @DigiShoreditch: Companies with women on their boards are more successful, 42% higher return in sale and 66% higher return in investment… • 1 day ago