We work with Government bodies and Councils across Wales, at all stages of the communications development process, from the concept, consultation and materials design
to the project delivery.
Often defining the brief correctly at the start can be the key to a project’s success. Using her graphic facilitation skills Fran leads definition workshops, and also works with clients to write the proposal and outlines, designing forms and evaluation materials to gather the required information and consult with the stakeholders. Recent client projects include:
Older People’s Commissioner for Wales
We have been working extensively with the Commission to extend their corporate identity and create a range of bilingual materials which communicate their role and values. Fran facilitated two communications strategy workshops with the team, and also created:
• ‘Dignified Care?’ Hospital Review ‘Dignified Care’ Report
• Commissioner’s Report 2010 and promotional banner stand Commissioners Report
• Corporate Communications Guidelines Communications Guide
• ‘Information for Older People’ Leaflet Pensions Service
• Internal Image Library Resource
Welsh Government, Medical Directorate
Currently working with Pat Vernon’s team to translate the new ‘Putting Things Right’ Redress Policy launched in April 2011 into more accessible formats:
• Visual Minutes from Pat’s presentation to the NHS CEHR Stakeholder Reference Group
• Toolkit with flowcharts for service-delivers to communicate the new policy in the workplace PuttingThingsRight_Toolkit
• Bilingual leaflets for children who might have concerns Children’s Leaflet (Eng)
We co-created the Tirlun Lleol / Local Landscapes project with White Associates for Monmouthshire County Council.
• Stage 1 involved reformatting the extensive project report word document findings into a black and white review, improving the accessibility and readability.
• The Draft Toolkit was reviewed by the client and sample prospective audiences.
• Using their feedback we redesigned the document into comprehensive tenant consultation toolkit and evaluation pack with form templates. Tirlun Lleol Toolkit
Cross-party ‘Getting Women into Politics’ event at the Senydd
Fran O’Hara facilitated a cross-party event at the Senydd with 40+ people with the theme of getting more women into politics. Women of all ages, experience and political inclination came together to share knowledge and discuss how to increase the number of women in politics. Fran co-designed the session, and facilitated the discussions.